Science Interpretation Internship
Blake Learning Solutions has a three-month contract to develop history and science educational programs for the Historic Virginia Beach Key Park (HVBKP) in Miami, Florida. We are looking for an intern with a background in science and education to help research and develop K-12 and adult programs.
- Hands-on experience developing public programming
- Participate in weekly meetings with the BLS Interpretive Team and occasional meetings with the HVBKP Team
- Write interpretive programs to add to your personal portfolio
- Remote internship (work can be completed from anywhere, although proximity to Miami, FL is a bonus)
- Required commitment of 16 hours a week from April 15 to June 30; hours are flexible and meetings will be scheduled around your availability
- Compensation: $11/hr (Virginia minimum wage)
- Interns must provide and use their own computer
- Experience leading K-12 programs (experience developing K-12 programs is a plus)
- Background in science education (environmental/earth science is a plus)
- Ability to work independently, manage time and take initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “Application for HVBKP Internship.” Applications are rolling and will be reviewed upon receipt.